Friday, July 15, 2011

Winning At Many Things

Life, negotiating, and running. First of all, I am waiting to hear about something and once it's final then I can talk about it on here, but since this is really public and you don't need an account to read it I don't want to talk about it yet. Secondly, I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I mothereffing hate COMCAST WITH A FIERY PASSION!

So I called Verizon to ask them something about my Internet (thank god I only have cable through Comcrap) and they mentioned that I could get faster Internet plus FIOS for $69.99. Umm what? I pay $72 for Comcrap plus $22 for Verizon Internet. Yep, they can set me up with a sweet deal for $69.99. Will it lock me into a contract? Nope! Sounds too good to be true. Let me call Comcrap and see if I can drop their asses like a bad habit. Oh yes I CAN! Here's the exchange:

Comcrap: I am sorry to hear you want to cancel. Why is that?
Me: Oh, I just HATE COMCAST and can't stand your service, plus I am getting a way better deal with Verizon.
Comcrap: We're sorry to hear that! What do you not like about it?
Me: Everything. The service, the technicians and their timing or lack thereof, the price...
Comcrap: Oh, well we see you called x and x, and we had someone there x. Did they not resolve the problem? And we can give you a deal for...
Me: No! I don't care anymore, I already signed up for Verizon. I want to give a date to cancel my service.
Comcrap: Okay ma'am.

So I call Verizon back and they gave me FIOS with HD, 220 channels, fastest Internet connection available, and free DVR for 3 months at $69.99 a month! WINNING! I can't wait for July 26.

On to the next thing. This is random, but I feel the need to talk about elevator etiquette. I don't really have a problem with this except at work. I want to say that it is weird if it's just you and me in the elevator and you face me. STAND FORWARD. Not only are you facing me, but you're staring at me. Very AWKWARD. Also, if you're waiting for the elevator to come get you (and I know you might have been waiting a long time) stand to the side! It's rude when everyone is flooding out of the elevator and you're blocking the way because you're trying to get on the elevator. Lastly, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT, press a floor and then not get off on it. I am trying to go to the 11th floor asshole. I already have to stop at 2, 3, 5, 8, and 10, THEN 11. Do you think I also want to stop on the fourth floor to check out the scenery because you pressed the button not knowing what day it is and that you really work on the fifth floor?!


Do not be this tool

2 comments:

Liz Peterson said...

Do you really ever stop at 2 ;-) If so, I am sure those people don't know what day it is... Or, they don't really know that the "Street Exit" isn't really the street exit...

Taylo said...

Hahaha, no probably don't stop at 2much, but it probably does happen every once in awhile because people get so confused!