Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Times Are A-Changin'

Or at least I hope so. I was stressing about something I had Tuesday evening but it went really well. Actually better than expected. I have a great opportunity, but hopefully I can work out some life issues that go along with it so I can take it. It's funny because I never thought I'd be here at this crossroads, but I am happy. I am so happy. And I wouldn't be here if I hadn't gone through all the bullshit, highs, lows, what ifs, and unknowns. If you want things to change you have to do something about it yourself because no one is going to do it for you. I think these lyrics by The Weepies say it all: "You know there will be days/When you're so tired/That you can't take another step/The night will have no stars/And you'll think you've gone as far/As you will ever get....But in the end, the only steps that matter/Are the ones you take all by yourself."

It's hard to want to make a change. It's even harder to actually MAKE that change. People will doubt you. You'll doubt yourself and wonder if you should do it, but you know what's best deep down. And if I have learned anything over the past six months it's that you should never, ever live your life for someone else. You're never going to please everyone so do what makes you happy. I think some people might try to talk me out of my decision if that's what I decide to do, but I know what I know. And you know what? That ship sailed, it's in the effing Indian Ocean by now and it ain't coming back!

There's one other thing that I hope works out, but I am trying to just let that be and what's meant to be will be! I.HATE.NOT.BEING.IN.CONTROL! Ahhhhh, so much has happened this week. On another note, what does everyone think of Google+? I like it, but it's kind of boring so far. I am guessing that will change once more people are on it. Then again I don't like the functionality so far; everything seems so disjointed.

And I will leave you with this gem. I am OBSESSED!!

No comments: