Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Warrior

Well, my week finally turned around and I had a great weekend! So our softball game, well, we're a little rusty. We were at bat first and did okay, but then our opponent went to bat and I was playing catcher. They cracked ball after ball into the outfield. I was starting to wonder if there was a softball they couldn't knock out of the park. I am happy to say we finally dusted ourselves off and instead of getting stomped we just got crushed! Haha. They hit one home run so far out of the field it went into a parking garage! I hit at all three of my at bats, but they were lame grounders so I need to work on hitting. Oh, I made an awesome diving catch in the outfield too. It was epic. You probably saw it on SportsCenter. And I had just finished a pop sickle so the stick was still in my mouth... super safe!

Happy hour with coworkers Friday was hilarious and fun. Happy hour is great too because it makes for an early evening ;) and I was asleep by 10:45pm on a Friday night. Whatever, don't judge. Thus I was up early on Saturday to make some pancakes before going to get new running shoes and then head to the pool with my friend/coworker. Cottage cheese oatmeal pancakes are delicious. They sound gross, but they're amazing. I got new running shoes at Potomac River Running and a Nike hat since I had a 10 miler planned with my friend Kim on Sunday and it's about 3867282 degrees out every day lately. I am trying to ramp up my miles and training because I plan on running the Richmond Marathon this year. My first full marathon!! Anyhow, here's a little montage of me getting pumped for softball, new running shoes, and then all geared out for the 10 miler.


After the pool I went to bikram baptiste yoga. It's like a 100 degrees in there, but didn't matter since it's like 120 degrees outside. It was a pretty good yoga sesh, especially since I hadn't been in two weeks and it wasn't crowded at all. Kim and I ate at Boulevard Woodgrill last night and I had the seafood kabobs--yummy. Then we came back here for a chill night and watched The Guardian since we wanted to be up by 7:45am to beat the heat for the 10 miles. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Yes, it was hot, and it was a lot hillier than I expected. I usually bike that route so biking hills is MUCH easier than running them. However, since I dorked it out with all my gear plus took a Gatorade G2 and a Clif Gel + caffeine I really found it to be a pretty enjoyable run. We finished in about an hour and 40 minutes and that included a few walking breaks. Pretty good training run. I like that I have the whole day ahead of me and my workout is done!

No comments: