Monday, July 25, 2011

RIP Miss Kitty

Well this day really took a turn for the worse. First the root canal and then my Dad had to put our family cat down this afternoon. I kind of knew it was coming because she hasn't been doing well since last week and she is 23!! Still it's sad and I am a lot more upset than I thought I would be. I cried on the phone with my Mom and she could not stop crying. I had to hang up because it was just too much. She had a great, long life, but a pet that is around that long you kind of just get so used to them that you think they will be around forever.

She was the prettiest and sweetest cat ever. I don't even like cats at all, but I loved her. I am severely allergic to them, but I would pet and cuddle her and then just wash my face and hands. I know it could be a lot worse; I could be losing a human family member. She was a huge part of my family though. I am glad I went and rubbed her head this morning before I left. My dad already buried her in the backyard so that was it. Now she isn't suffering and can join Amber and Molly in pet heaven.

No comments: