Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Totally Terrific Tuesday

I know you like my use of alliteration in the blog title. I do because I loved English in high school and actually, I still love it. After having three and a half days off I thought going back to work today was going to be rough, but it really wasn't. You know the saying, "this too shall pass" means so much more to me as of late. People say that all the time and you think yeah, yeah, whatever, shut up. But I can't tell you how different things are from January to now, and even March to now. I didn't believe things would change in January, and that what I was going through would pass, but it did. One thing I will mention is that I hated, HATED my job this past fall/winter. Now, I am in a different place and it just doesn't matter as much to me. Sure, we're there 40 hours a week (more for others), but now I realize there is so much more to life. My job isn't who I am and it doesn't define me unless I let it. The one thing that never lets me down at work is my coworkers (well most of them anyway, ha). We have been through so many ups and downs together, but still know how to have fun.

And you know what else I have to talk about today? I am sure it's not hard to guess. CASEY FREAKIN' ANTHONY. Oh yes. I'll be honest, I did not follow this trial much. I followed the story back in the day because that was at a time when I used to know every single current event going on. About nine months ago I stopped reading most of it. This world really is too depressing and keeping up with all that stuff is a real downer. Alright, so the jury found her not guilty. Honestly, I do believe that was the right verdict. The evidence (or lack thereof) was circumstantial. This wasn't about the jury, the defense, or even really the prosecution. The fact of the matter is the prosecution barely had a case because investigators botched it from the beginning. It was an inept investigation that could have never resulted in a guilty verdict. And you know what? That's awesome and sucks at the same time. We live in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA where you're innocent until proven guilty. They did not prove she was guilty. We just celebrated our freedom yesterday and our justice system is part of what makes America great. We screw up. We get it wrong. People end up in jail who should not be there. People who should be there get off (cough, OJ, cough), but it's the way it goes. I do believe Casey Anthony did it (my opinion, which I am entitled to here in America!), but the jury was right. In the end Casey Anthony has to live with what she did. I believe "what goes around, comes around" and Casey Anthony will not go unpunished. And we can't forget the most important person in all of this, her daughter, Caylee Anthony. Poor child was barely alive before she was taken out of it. That's the tragedy and hopefully she is resting in peace.

1 comment:

Paul said...

love you taylo!