Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Beautiful Day in DC

So after yoga and a little running on Sunday (achilles tendonitis is slowly getting better) my friend Jon-Erik asked me if I wanted to do something outside since it was so nice out. You would have never known that a hurricane tropical storm had hit the day before. I think it was probably the most beautiful Summer day to date. It was somewhat hot, but not too hot, an amazing breeze, and the sky was the prettiest blue you can imagine. He suggested the MLK memorial and I thought that was a great idea since it was just unveiled this past weekend.

So we trekked into DC and found our way to the MLK memorial. There were lots of tourists, but it wasn't too bad. And you know how much Taylo loves her DC tourists. There were lots of cool quotes along the wall and the MLK carving itself was really cool. It's really sad that I live right outside DC and don't take advantage of all DC has to offer in terms of memorials and museums. I told Jon-Erik we should do it more on nice days since Fall is coming. I mean it's free and there's just so much to see.

We also checked out the WWII Memorial, which is was amazing to take in. I rarely take the time to just sit and be with anything. But it was nice to just stand there, look at the memorial, and all the people enjoying the day. I think I am going to try to make it a habit to go into DC to walk around the mall, visit memorials, or even museums every month. On our way home we ate at South Block Smoothie & Wrap Co., which I highly recommend. Not only was the wrap delicious, but they had Hokie hot sauce! Obviously this is my new favorite restaurant in Clarendon.



WWII Memorial

Speaking of Hokies, four days until kickoff. I'm so pumped. Fall is my favorite season and Hokie football makes it that much better. Oh plus I got my newly designed VT Nikes. LET'S GO...........

No comments: