Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nothing Can Rain On My Parade

I really think someone could tell me they hate me and I suck and I'd say, "okay, great!" and not care one bit. I am in such a good mood. Everything is working out and for the first time in a long time everything feels right! Even better tomorrow is Friday and it's the freakin' weekend!

I made the dumbest move on metro this afternoon. I'm on the platform and it says a "Vienna" train is approaching so stupidly I just get on the train without checking to make sure it was an orange line train. I kept thinking to myself, "man the train is really empty today." Well, duh, there was a reason for that. All the sudden we leave Rosslyn and two minutes later I am seeing daylight! This is NOT supposed to happen on my commute because I'm underground the whole time. I start freaking out and realize I must have gotten on a blue line train. No worries, I got off at Arlington National Cemetery and turned myself around! Taylor, five months ago, would have freaked out and been so pissed. But I just rolled with it! It happens.

Then after I got home I had an awesome 5.2 mile run even though it's another scorcher out there. All my good fortune almost ended though when I was running through a crosswalk in which I had the WALK sign and Granny comes barrelling into the crosswalk and gets a foot from me before slamming on her brakes. I threw my arms in the air, screamed, and yelled, "!@$%" as I kept running from her. I could tell she was freaked out too, but come on. I've said it before and I'll say it again, people do not pay attention!!

No comments: