Sunday, August 7, 2011

Umm, Who's The Rude One?!

So before I get into things I want to talk about what just happened at Trader Joe's. Some people are so mean and self-centered in Northern Virginia. It was super packed as usual and if you know anything about TJ's you know it's small and the aisles are super narrow. So I am going along and there is kind of a jam in the aisle. I only had a basket and all these people around had carts. So this guy in front of me kind of moves to the side and I figured he was stopping so I went around him. Then I hear him like being all passive-aggressive saying, "oh yeah just go ahead, no one else is trying to get through, cruise on through." In the past I might have engaged him, but I was just so dumbfounded I didn't say anything. Then I stopped to get some garbanzo and black beans. So this douche stops and says, "you know you're incredibly rude. People are trying to get through and you just move on through." I am thinking umm, what? First of all, sorry I didn't know there was a ranking of who got to go through first. Secondly, I have a basket and it's a lot easier for me to navigate. So I just said, "umm I have a basket and you have a cart. Chill out." And you're a grown man berating a woman in a grocery store? Like who's the rude one? I don't know why but it really bothered me and kind of hurt my feelings!

Anyhow, yesterday was my sister's bridal shower and it was fun. She got a lot of good stuff and had a good time as well. I got her Virginia Tech tervis tumblers! Would you expect anything else from me? No!

Then I came back home, went to a BBQ in DC, ended up seeing a former coworker who happens to work with my friend now. It's funny because we were all working for the same agency at one time, but now both of them are at another. DC is so small! Then I went to a birthday party for a bit, which was interesting. This is random, but sometimes I feel sooo old and other times I feel pretty young.

I didn't get up until 10:20 this morning because I had to get up early yesterday. I needed to do a long run and thought it would be okay to do it around 5pm. Wrong. I looked at the weather and it was going to be brutal then. So I decided I'd go around noon. Oh.my.god. Worst decision ever. I ran 12 miles and every minute of it was pretty awful. Oh well, at least I did it.

4 comments:

Mom said...

The three of you look halfway decent in that pic

Taylo said...

Mom, you're so loving! I can always come to you for a confidence boost.

Mom said...

Shouldn't it be "a boost in my confidence"?

Taylo said...

Umm, no?! I can always come to you for a boost in my confidence?! That doesn't sound right. You would give me a boost in my confidence, but I'd come to you for a confidence boost!