Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Metro Faux Pas

Well, if you follow me on Twitter you had to know another metro blog would be coming soon. In only four short days I have encountered not one, but THREE metro no-no's! First up, no eating and drinking on the metro people! I know what you're thinking. We all know Taylo breaks rules. For instance, I do not come to a complete stop at stop signs. In fact, when I'm home visiting my parents I barely stop at those stop signs at all because I am more likely to encounter a deer than another driver! But I do not break the eating and drinking on metro because I think it helps keep the metro clean and semi-free of rats! Ever ride the NYC subway? I feel sorry for the soles of my shoes.

Next up, the pole. The pole is for everyone to hold onto and I try to avoid it because again, nasty germs. However, during rush hour we ALL need access to the pole. If you're hugging it and I can only reach above you that's not going to fly. I don't know if you noticed, but I'm VERTICALLY CHALLENGED so it is rather hard for me to reach the top of a six foot pole. And please do not LEAN on the pole because I can't grip my hand around the pole with your sweaty back, butt, and shoulders leaning on it. Please see two offenders below. Please do not be these people.

NOT OKAY! This is rude.

Now that we got that out of the way. I can make you jelly of what I had for dinner tonight. First I had to go to Target Greatland, which is a real first world problem. I was pleasantly surprised to find my beloved Kombucha Tea there though, and cheaper than Whole Paycheck (of course). So I grabbed two of those, the rest of my grocery list plus a few other things I didn't need. Then we get to the checkout. I always pick the wrong line! This kid in front of me is about to head off to college by himself or something because he had pillows, comforter, dvds, and other junk. Anyhow, the lady is almost done ringing him up on my approach. His total comes to $140. Dang boy! Then he runs his credit card and it is declined. Awwww hell no. Here we go. He tries again. Nope. So then she has him apply for a Target card. Okay, now things are getting sketchy. It is taking forever; put in your address, is this your address, confirm this, do this, KILL ME NOW. Then it says he cannot charge anything for seven to ten days. WOW, brilliant. Meanwhile, you just KNOW I was huffing and puffing in the line by now because it had been ten minutes. So then Target lady is at a loss so I say, "umm, is there any way we can do this later?!" And the kid says, "oh yeah, let her go." Yes, please let me go while you figure out how you're going to pay for $140 worth of crap!

Back to dinner. I came home and started chopping up all my veggies and pulled out my spices. The worst is chopping up a sweet potato to make fries! I almost lose a few fingers every time. I cannot wait until I go to my parents Thursday and get my sister's old knives. To accompany the sweet potato fries I made a bell pepper stuffed with a quinoa mixture. As I cooked the quinoa I sauteed garlic, onion, mushrooms, carrots, and seasoned that with paprika and cumin. I stuffed that into the pepper and also added some mozzarella, parmesean, and goat cheese to the top. As I said before, you should be jealous because it was awesome and I probably ate my daily vegetable serving in one meal!

See the carrots behind the plate? No, you can't have them.

2 comments:

IrishOptimism said...

Stellar photography work on the pole huggers. I frequently see this done by people during rush hour. I'm not vertically challenged so I make sure to hold on to the pole that "happens" to be right over their head...so they have my PIT all up in their grill...they'll step back

Taylo said...

Haha, thanks. Yes, there are ways to make the other person uncomfortable, but they're in their own little world most of the time and don't seem to notice!