Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Your serve

Today was pretty uneventful other than it being that much closer to being the weekend for me. Tomorrow is my Friday! Anyhow, one of the million really annoying things about my job is that I can't have electronics in my office. It really sucks b/c I could entertain you with pictures from my day. Like the gym. I wish I could snap photos of some of those fools. And then my lunch, which I guess I could take the night before.... hmm. Today I had the most rando lunch ever, but it was delish. I had an ezekiel cinnamon raisin english muffin (if you don't know what these are you should get some asap) with Bruegger's cream cheese, a bowl of strawberries and nana, and EDAMAME! All over the place, but it's because again, my weekend starts tomorrow night since I will be headed to my parents and then down to VA beach for a mini-vacay plus wedding.

My day went by quickly, came home ate an amazing dinner then I went on my quest for white sandals. So freakin' difficult. I looked at target yesterday and they were wiped out. Guess someone beat me to the summer sandal hunt. I thought surely DSW won't let me down. WRONG! Why are there so many ugly shoes/sandals out there?! And why are all the ones I like NOT WHITE. I am not being racist, but I need white sandals, okay. It's to go with a dress. So with that fail it was onto play tennis.



My tennis game face! Ha!

Another difficult task in life. My work BFF Jon (as he likes to think of himself) has courts at his apartment. He assured me we could play there. Not so. Four courts. All taken. He says, oh there are some on the other side. Nope. Taken. So we go back to the original courts hoping someone left. No dice. However, we do notice a nice, young gentleman sitting next to a court that has a basket of balls and cones. I wondered WTF is he doing? Actually I think I said that to Jon, so I more than wondered it. Does he think the basket of balls are going to play tennis on their own? Is he going to at least hit around. So Jon asks. This man tells us he is waiting for a lesson. Well, where are they? Oh, I just wait for them to show up, he says. And what if they don't? Then the next lesson comes. And you're paying? He says yes and he is the ONLY ONE who is allowed to give lessons on these courts. OKAAAAAAAY then sir. Thanks for being a life ruiner.

Onto plan B. I find some courts using my droid (his iPhone was failing him). He claims it was more of a user error, but I think it was a combo of user/iPhone. So we meander on down to the park. Slammed with people as well! Jesus, what is this Andre Agassi day!? A court opens, but some dudes are already waiting. They take the court and proceed to rip off their shirts to play tennis in 70 degree weather. Clearly they mean business. We wait... and wait...


...and wait so I snap this photo. Please note shirtless #1

Finally a court clears. Now we lost a good half hour of tennis though. We only got a short warm up and one set in. I lost 6-2. I'm not happy about it. We're going to play a full match either Sunday or next week and it's on. I'll be bringing my Martina Navratilova self to the court this time!

No comments: