Monday, June 20, 2011

Back to Reality

Sorry for partying and not posting here, but I was very busy this weekend lounging on the beach, frolicking in the ocean, hanging out with my fam and some of my best friends, and enjoying a wedding. All in all it was one of the best weekends ever—one of those I will remember forever. We left around 8am on Friday and made it to Virginia Beach just a little after 11:30am. Not bad! We even got to check into the hotel then even though check-in isn't until 4pm. That's what happens when you roll with a baller like myself. Okay, so my personal assistant dad called ahead the night before and cleared it. We were on the beach by 11:30 enjoying the sun, sand, and some Coronas.

We headed up to the room around 5pm to go to Chick's for dinner. The place was hoppin' and had complementary valet even though it's a hole in the wall! Major plus for them since we all know Taylor does not frequent establishments that don't offer valet. I don't park my own Bentley. HA! Anyhow, I ran into put our name down while they valeted the car. They said 40 minutes so my dad and I went to the bar to get a drink known as the "orange crush" which was recommended to me by a few friends who are locals. It was strong and good! We got our table in about 20 minutes, which was nice since we all know I am the most impatient person alive. My dad and I split oysters on the half shell and then I had this for dinner:


Yum, fish with guac, sour cream, salsa and my fave: SWEET P fries!!


Then I met up with the groom, best man, and other friends at the bar right by the hotel, which turned into a 3:30am evening. I met up with my friend Heather who I have known since I was like 4, which was awesome.

Woke up at 8:30am to hit the beach before the wedding. The wedding ceremony was very nice and so was the reception. It was five hours long, which became very evident in pictures later in the evening when we all went to the bar. Needless to say I will be detoxing for a bit after that weekend. Anyhow, you know I tore up the dance floor. Practically an episode of "So You Think You Can Dance." Oh, and I CAN! Got to spend time with two of my best friends Robby and Shawn, which is harder to do these days. It sucks how hard you have to work to spend time with friends when you get older. It was so much easier in school when we literally saw each other day in class. Especially getting everyone in the same place at the same time. I have known them both since we were 11, and we have all stayed close through many ups, downs, different colleges, and other life events. It was a pretty nostalgic weekend. Okay, now this crap is just getting corny. Who am I?!










Lastly, it was so fun to spend a weekend with my parents and little sister. We haven't gone on a family vacation in forever and we had a blast. Please note, I have an older sister too so she was missed! Getting out of bed was extremely rough this morning. So rough that I delayed my alarm from 7:30 to 8. Then when I opened the curtains and blinds and saw it was raining, I thought "awwww hell no, I should call my boss and tell him I am not feeling well and go in late so I can sleep 2 more hours." I soldiered on though and just brewed extra coffee.

No comments: