Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Friday (for me)!!!

Less than eight hours to go. I love the weather this week and wish it would stay like this all summer. I woke up at 6am this morning and went for a nice 5k run. I have asthma and really bad allergies so when it's too hot and the pollen is out, running outside is horrendous. When I arrived home I started to get ready and eat breakfast, which was this:


I know what you're thinking, WTF is that green stuff that looks like soup?! Well, it's a smoothie with almond milk, kefir, spinach, kale, flaxmeal, chocolate protein powder, frozen banana and mango. And you're probably thinking spinach and kale in a smoothie!? Disgusting! But you would be wrong and should try it because it is amazingly refreshing and you can't taste the veggies. Also enjoyed a kashi waffle with some sunflower seed butter and a little syrup. Lastly, some Newman's Own Vanilla Caramel coffee in a winter coffee mug. I don't discriminate with dishes just because the season changes! Also, I eat sweet potatoes year round and usually every week. I hate how they're only associated with Thanksgiving. Truly rude.

And to start your Thursday off, this is what some man said to me in the elevator at work this morning: "It's just past 8am, are you having fun yet?" Me: "Umm no, I will be at 4:30pm." To which he says, "Alright, if that's how you want to think about it." You are so right sir. Now I am going to have a blast at work sitting at a desk all day. Someone pass the Perrier. Poppin' bottles.



P.S. Please excuse the picture quality. I had to take it with my droid and lighting in the kitchen wasn't the best!

No comments: