Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kale Chips

This is a great week. I have training today through Friday, which means EASY! Of course we started late, had 38647862 breaks, hour and 15 minute lunch, and got out at 4pm instead of 4:30. I love agriculture! Plus I get to drive instead of metro, which is a nice change of pace. It normally takes me 35-40 minutes door to door on metro, but this commute is around 25 minutes door to door.

This means I had enough time for a longer workout of cardio plus lifting at the gym with plenty more time to cook a good dinner. So I decided on kale chips with a sriracha and orange fig spread mixed dip (recipe below because they're AMAZING), blueberry glaze salmon, and a zucchini bake (compliments of a shopping trip to Costco by my mama so it was frozen). The dinner was delicious!


Kale Chips with Spicy Orange Fig Dip
1 bunch of kale
1 tablespoon olive oil
Red chili flakes
Dash of salt
Lemon juice squeezed from fresh lemon

1. Cut kale off stem and into small bite-sized pieces. Clean and dry.
2. Put the kale in a bowl and toss in the above ingredients.
3. Spread the mixed kale evenly on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Keep a close eye on it so it doesn't burn!

For the dip mix a little over a tablespoon of the orange fig spread with maybe a teaspoon of the Sriracha depending on how spicy you like things.

Dip the chips in the dip and enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, well I don't care.

I also devoured my meal with some kombucha as well. So good, but I will admit it's an acquired taste and many people would and probably do hate it. Confession: the salmon was purchased at WTF Whole Foods already prepared in the blueberry glaze. What?! I have a job, I can't do it all. Honestly, the glaze was pretty tasteless. I will probably buy a plain one next time and season it MYSELF, thankyouverymuch!

No comments: