Sunday, June 26, 2011

Catching up

I haven't posted since Wednesday because it has been non-stop since then. I went and met a friend for drinks in DC Thursday night, which was great. On my way home I also ran into someone and had a very interesting exchange. I love when you're sober and someone else is wasted, especially when you're really not supposed to see that person wasted!

Anyway, Friday I finished with training early (super early!) so I hit the pool before the gym. Met up with my college roommate in the city again Friday night for dinner, drinks, and froyo. We went to this place Agora and it was good. It's a tapas style restaurant, which I like because you aren't served 8000 pounds of food for dinner. We had a lot of catching up to do. Once again, she is someone I wish I could see more, but it's hard because she lives in Baltimore. In the grand scheme of things, it's not that far, but life happens. Then it was Mr. Yogato for froyo, so good!

I had another wedding Saturday and a tragedy occured. I forgot my camera at my apartment so I had to use my dumb droid to take photos! Ughhhh, didn't turn out that well. Oh well. The wedding was fun and I got to catch up with a bunch of people from high school. My friend Catherine was the one getting married; have known her since 7th grade (6th for her) as our parents lived, and still do, next to each other. So please excuse the crappy quality of these photos:




And with that, another one bites the dust. Hahaha, jk!! I am good on weddings now until... SEPTEMBER! Then I have a coworker's wedding here in DC. The big one is in October when my sister gets married. I am in that one so it's obviously a lot more involved. And oh yeah, it's my sister. Speaking of which, I need to get fitted for that dress. I hate dress fittings.

Today, Logan and I attempted to go follow this trail in Harpers Ferry to the top of a mountain. We could not find parking close enough though so we just ended up going somewhere else close by. I think it was called the Chesapeake and blah blah Canal. We walked on a trail along the water, which was nice. But leaving we saw where people were up on top of the mountain overlooking the town of Harpers Ferry! It looked awesome so we're going to attempt to go again next weekend and hopefully get there early enough to get decent parking. Maybe if I didn't go out last night and get home at 2:30am I could have gotten out of bed earlier than 10am, thus letting us get to Harpers Ferry sooner. Ooops, oh well. Now I think I am going to go take my bike out for a quick ride since I haven't been on it in like a week and a half.

No comments: