Monday, June 27, 2011

Manic Monday

It wasn't really a manic Monday, but I like that song. Once again, it was a rough morning getting out of bed, so I did what anyone else would do--I delayed my alarm from 7:15 to 7:30! My commute went surprisingly well and made my triumphant return to the office since I was out at training Wednesday through Friday of last week.

I begin my morning routine of checking my e-mails, rolling my eyes at many of them, and signing into all my accounts. This morning was a little different because I had to tell six of my coworkers a little story, including doing some impressions. So everyone gathered in my cube and I proceeded to tell this epic story, which I can't post here. SORRY! It was like story time in kindergarten minus the rice tub or nap time later. Man, you kindergarteners do not know how good you have it. Although, I have seen some people at work taking naps. That's neither here nor there though because it's on the schedule in kindergarten! Get to work people!

Commute home was special. For some reason it was unusually packed before we even rode the rails into the Commonwealth! This prompted me to be too close for comfort to about 80% of the Northern Virginia population. Not okay. Then, of course, we couldn't get the doors shut at Rosslyn! Maybe it's because we're packed on here like sardines. Train operator is copping a 'tude and said, "Move in people, we need to get these doors shut." To this I said, (out loud) or you could send trains more frequently! Then she said (not to just me, everyone), "alright, get close to your neighbors like you love them and squeeze in because we're going to have to offload this train if we can't get the doors shut!" Again, out loud, I said, "Whatever, we know you're going to offload us anyway." But! By the grace of god, that train finally went forward!! It's the little things in life. I only had one stop to go, so if we were offloading I was just going to walk!

I arrived home and started prepping dinner and then hit the streets for a 5.2 miler. My hip has been bothering me so I haven't been running a lot lately, but it wasn't that hot out so figured I should give it a try. I am happy to report I had a great run! I'll probably be using a walker tomorrow, but whatevs! Then I came home and finished preparing dinner and showered. For dinner, I present to you half cous cous and quinoa topped with BBQ tofu and of course, kale chips on the side!
Everyone talks crap on tofu (kale too for that matter), but if you season or marinate it and bake it right, it's so good. So I don't want to hear it from all you tofu haters!

No comments: