Sunday, September 11, 2011

Let's Remember

Well, this week never really turned around as my car wouldn't start and had to be towed to the automotive shop, the Hokies played like crap (but a win is a win), and I feel like crap. Seriously, I don't think I have ever had a sinus infection, but I guess that's what this is? I have the worst sharp pain in my forehead that only goes away for a few hours when I take ibuprofen and I get the chills and night sweats.

However, I can't really complain that much because I am alive. Today is the ten year anniversary of 9/11, the first of three events in which I realized this is a cruel, crappy world. I remember the exact moment when we heard about the Twin Towers. I was in Chemistry class, a junior in high school and they came on the announcement with a message about what was happening. At first I thought President Bush had been assassinated. That wasn't it though and we would only begin to comprehend what happened over the next couple hours. We ended up getting out of school early. The other two events I will never forget are the DC snipers and of course, 4/16 at Virginia Tech.

So if you're feeling down today or worrying about this and that, take a moment to reflect on your life and why you're still here.

No comments: