Monday, September 12, 2011

Not The Flu...

Well after feeling like death yesterday, I made an appointment with my doctor today. Yesterday I was basically in my bed until 4pm with maybe one hour on the couch. Just getting to the couch was a challenge. I had the chills, then sweats, major fatigue, horrible headache, and body aches. Sounds like the flu, huh?! Awful. I finally started to feel better last night, but then I tried to go to bed around 10pm and had awful chills again.

So I went to the doctor and they were looking at me like, "man you look like death and hell all rolled into one." They did an influenza test though and it was negative. My doctor said it's probably just a bug similar to the flu. I guess that's good because it should go away sooner. I do feel a little better today--not as weak, no chills. She basically told me to alternate between ibuprofen and tylenol all day.

So let me tell you how this relates back to metro! I never used to get sick. Sure, as a kid, but never in high school or college or even the first two years out of college. I eat healthier and work out more than I ever have. Yet, now it seems the past two years I get sick three times a year. And why? Riding the metro with all the asshats who are sick, but go to work anyway, and cough their germs all over the damn train. So I ask you, if you're sick, even if you feel like you could go to work, DON'T! Do some work from home or something. You're getting everyone else sick.

No comments: