Saturday, September 17, 2011

I'm Alive!

I didn't have the flu, but whatever I had was basically just as bad. Today is the first day since last Friday that I feel 100 percent. My stomach hurt all week and it finally stopped hurting yesterday after my coworker brought me a breakfast of eggs, toast, and potatoes.

Work yesterday was so slow because I got in at 6:30am. The time was passing so slowly and I was bored. Then at 10am some major drama unfolded and the rest of my day flew by. All I can really say is that I always knew there were lots of crazy, different, special people in this world, but I have only started to see it over the past couple of years.

Also, I have been so lazy with cooking lately. I don't know why, but haven't been interested in cooking. I didn't eat a lot this week since I was sick, but I finally felt like I could eat something Thursday night. So I went to this neighborhood joint Astor Mediterranean to get carryout. Why do randos feel the need to talk to me? I don't know because when I'm in a public place like that I'm pretty sure my face says, "don't effin' talk to me." So this lady asks me what all this stuff (in the glass casing) is? And I asked like what and she pointed to something. I said, "I think those are their bbq wings." (Thinking now please stop talking to me). NOPE! She says, "ohhh, I'm from Kentucky and we don't have much of this Mediterranean food there." Then the conversation really takes off:

(BTW, please read her portion in a thick, southern accent)

Me: Oh.
Kentucky: I'm here visiting while we are still the United States of America.
Me: Silence. Probably gives a look of WTF are you talking about?
Kentucky: I really love lamb, but I got the eggplant because I want my nicotine fix in my dinner. You know eggplant has the highest amount of nicotine of all vegetables?
Me: No.
Kentucky: Oh yeah. And lots of vegetables have nicotine, broccoli, tomatoes, and they want us to quit smoking! Yet we're getting it in our food.
Me: Silence (Thinking oh my god lady, are you effin' serious?! You are talking to the number one cancer stick hater and I can smell smoke on your nasty ass breath so I'm pretty sure you got your fix 863 times today.)
Kentucky: Yeah they want to get rid of tobacco because they can't patent it. So the government just wants to take it away just like everything else.

Patent tobacco?! WHAT?! And I still didn't say anything. The restaurant finally put me out of my misery and gave her the food she ordered. My god! At least once a week some weirdo like this feels the need to talk to me. I need to work on my bitch face or wear my ipod 100% of the time.

Last night I went to Ten out of Tenn at Iota and it was such an awesome show. If the show or any of the artists are coming to your city I definitely recommend that you go. There is nothing better than good live music. I'm posting a video of Andrew Belle performing In My Veins because it's an awesome song. He performed it last night and it was amazing.

No comments: