Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 Goals

I would say this is a post about New Year's Resolutions, but I think those are dumb. Why would you resolve to make changes at the beginning of the year when you can make a change whenever you want? On a Monday, in April, weekend, yesterday, whenever. If you're ready for change, then change. With that being said, I do want to accomplish a few things this year. This list in no particular order.

1. Double savings account and increase retirement contribution.

2. Stop spending money on things I don't need. Seriously, I used to be really good about this and I don't know what happened. Maybe it's because I make more money, but from buying coffee out to just buying a shirt I've gotten bad about it.

3. Eat more quality food, while continuing not eating low quality food. I don't mean food that is bad for you. Hello, I love cake, ice cream, chocolate, biscuits, and fries as much as the next person. What I mean is don't eat something unless it's truly good food!

4. Visit a new city/place.

5. Read more books.

6. Learn something new, both professionally and personally.

I might add onto this list.

And I'm adding.

7. Don't put so much weight on what others think. Sure, consider other people's feelings when appropriate, but do not make decisions based on what other people might think.

8. Do something new fitness related. Last year I was introduced to baptiste yoga at Dancing Mind Yoga, and it was the first time I was really able to enjoy yoga and the studio. It has so many benefits and I always feel like a new me when I finish a session.

9. Be more patient. Okay, this has been a resolution, goal, ideal, everything since like high school. I.am.so.impatient and I own it. It's not a good thing though and I really need to practice more patience in EVERY ASPECT of my life.

10. Cuss less... hahaha... maybe. I dunno, I am always trying to work on this and sometimes I catch myself. Other times I don't give a flying f... oh. So, yeah, we'll see.

No comments: