Saturday, January 21, 2012

Perspective

Sometimes I get down (the dancing kind), but right now I am talking the depressing down. I guess that's a stupid thing to say because who isn't down sometimes? However, there are times (this past week for example) where it's hard for me to put my life in perspective and pull myself out of it. I know how to do it; you have to fake it until you make it, but sometimes I just let myself spiral into misery.

Well I got some perspective today from a neutral source, and as always it really helped. My friends (love them) gave me awesome advice this week too, but sometimes it's hard to really hear what they're saying. I mean I hear it, and I know they're right, but I don't really want to hear it. I guess sometimes I just want to have a pity party and thankfully my friends generally don't take part in that, as they really should not. I do have one friend who is particularly good about listening to my whining, while also giving good advice that is spot on.

So with that being said, my life is not bad--I have a great job, tons of amazing friends, family, a place to live, car, and more. I need to remember to be in the moment and focus on the now, not yesterday, tomorrow, or years down the road. It doesn't matter. We cannot change any of that, but we can make things happen TODAY.

My biggest problem right at this moment is whether I should go out or not tonight. So I'd say things are pretty good!

No comments: