Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cosign

I went to a few places this weekend, which I'll cosign on for you people. First, Friday night I had a massage at Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa in Pentagon Row. (There are locations all over the place so depending on where you live you might have one). I had a gift certificate for my birthday and decided to get a Swedish massage. I wish I could afford to get a massage every week because it was so relaxing and I felt great afterwards. Then I went to Trader Joe's in Clarendon. If you know me, you know I've been cosigning Trader Joe's for about 89 years. Love that place. If you live in Arlington I highly suggest you suggest out the new location because it's actually not as cramped or crowded as many of the other ones.

Next up we have Saturday night in which I went to Dupont to get a pedicure (I know, I swear I don't pamper this much normally), which was awesome because you get free wine or champagne! So while I caught up with Erin and Shawn we drank some red wine and had a nice pedicure! It's called Mimosa Salon & Spa if you're interested.

 Pure bliss

We decided to have dinner at Ping Pong Dim Sum in Dupont. If you live in DC area I highly suggest you check this place out if you haven't yet. I am sure some of you are thinking, "WTF?! Who is this amateur? I've been there a bajillion times." Well, yes this was my first time and I loved it. They have some really delicious cocktails and then a wide-range of small plates. We ordered a round of plates and then did so again two more times. It wasn't too bad price-wise either. We ended the night at MiG Bar in Adams Morgan. It was this dive, hole-in-the-wall, hipster bar. It was interesting and I guess I would go back, but it was super small. They had a good selection of beer.

On an unrelated note, this weather is ridiculous, and yes I am complaining about it. Earlier this week it was in the twenties! Then Friday and Saturday it was in the sixties?! Umm, GET IT TOGETHER mother nature. I know this sounds crazy, but I really prefer running in really cold temperatures. I ran on one of those days when it was only twenty-something out and had an awesome run. I can breathe better and the frigid temperature is a real motivator.

That brings me to my last point, which I DO NOT cosign. The day I had that awesome run was the day I suffered another indescribable heartbreak. The Hokies losing in OT in the Sugar Bowl. Yes, I know, I am one dramatic bitch, but come on! IT WAS A CATCH! And even if it wasn't there was no indisputable evidence to overturn the call. It shouldn't have come down to that one last play though. Another game that we should have bagged early on, but blew it here, there, and everywhere. I was seriously upset about it the whole next day. I think I am only now starting to get over it. Again, I know how dramatic this is and there are MUCH worse things going on in the world, but I get a little too emotionally vested in Virginia Tech football.




No comments: