Thursday, December 8, 2011

Virginia Tech

Once a Hokie, Always a Hokie. I am sure this is not news to you, but I love Virginia Tech with ever fiber of my being. If it was a person I would lay my life down for it. Bad things happen everywhere, every day, and on other college campuses too. Unfortunately, Virginia Tech is under a microscope because of the horrific, unthinkable tragedy that happened there almost five years ago. I will NEVER ever forget that day; so many lost their lives way too soon. Whenever I get down, frustrated, or annoyed by something I try to think of those 32 that aren't here to live this life. I am, and I shouldn't take it for granted.

Today we lost a Virginia Tech police officer to another senseless act of violence. You can say Virginia Tech is cursed, that bad things happen there, but you're wrong. Blacksburg is where my heart is and it will always be there. I know all my Hokies understand. Those of you that took this as an opportunity to make jokes or talk badly about Virginia Tech, shame on you. On April 16, 2007 we received an outpouring of support and it was wonderful. Today there was a lot of support too, but also some hate and I ask why? Thirty-two innocent victims are murdered and people literally send their support (see below), but one is killed and it's somehow a joke? I feel sorry for you and the person that you are, or at least the person that you portray to the world. But mostly I feel sorry for you because you never got to go Virginia Tech and experience the magnificence that is Blacksburg! HOKIE NATION. WE ARE VIRGINIA TECH.

Rest in peace Officer Crouse and thank you for your service. UT PROSIM.



No comments: