Monday, October 24, 2011

Ch-ch-changes

It's been exactly one week since I started my new job, and although that's not exactly a long time, I feel like know I made the right decision. I am excited about my first assignment, the potential opportunities, challenges, and whatever else lies ahead. I've also already met some really great people. Everyone is very friendly and super helpful. Most of all, I'm just so thankful for the opportunity especially in this economy. My future's so bright I gotta wear shades. ;) Hahaha, okay sorry.

Work isn't the only thing though. Life is just good and I feel so relieved that this is where I am in my life right now. You see, a year ago I was in a really bad place. I was extremely unhappy, depressed, anxious, unmotivated (except for running and working out), and I just felt stuck. I recognized that things were bad and that I needed to do something about it. All the changes that I needed to make seemed so overwhelming though. You know how scary the unknown can be and the idea of changing to get there seems insurmountable? You have all these ideas in your head of how things could be or will be, but for the most part it's all in your head. I think being stuck in your own head and not knowing is way worse then taking the risk to figure it out. Actually, I know it's way worse.

Well, I can honestly say I've never been happier because of the changes I made over the past year. Without risk, there is no reward. :)

On another note, I am old. Long gone are the days where I can go out three nights in a row. To be fair, I was out late Friday night (another 4am'er), but then Saturday rolled around and I was worthless. And not a hungover worthless, just a 'I am so tired, I just want to lie on the couch and watch TV all night.' My 22-year-old self is laughing my 27-year-old self.

No comments: