Saturday, April 14, 2012

Where to go from here?!

Wow, so I really suck at this blogging thing as of late, huh? I guess it's kind of hard to find time to blog when I now have a full-time job in which there is actual work to do. On top of that, at the end of the day I always have plans whether it be working out, friend commitments, happy hour, or just personal reading.

I also went to Norfolk, Richmond, and NYC recently. I feel like I have a lot to write about, but whenever I have time I'm not inspired. I will tell you what I am fucking inspired about: spring game! I will be leaving this over-crowded place for Blacksburg around noon on Friday and I CANNOT wait!! We have also moved up in the world. We used to always stay in the Red Carpet Inn, which is nicer than it looks. Well forget that! We're staying at the Courtyard by Marriott this time and it's pretty awesome. I'm also a Gold Elite Marriott member so hellllllllo points!! As my friend Allison was saying, it's funny how we went from staying somewhere free to a place that cost $50 per person for the weekend (thinking that's a lot) to a place that cost $100 per person. In all fairness none of that is a lot because Blacksburg is cheap. As we always joke when we go back to Blacksburg, "Look at this tab!! I'm rich!" DC, and many other places are just expensive and Blacksburg is not.

Next subject. I'm the first person to get woe, is me when things in my life aren't going great. I used to be a lot worse, but I am better about it now. I have so many things to be thankful for: my health, family, friends, job, home, income, etc., but I forget about it sometimes and want to have a pity party. I have noticed it's usually due to one thing, or more so, a person at that given time. Now is as good of time as any to remember that I'm alive. At the end of the day, that is huge. I always try to remind myself of the 32 who were killed at Virginia Tech in 2007. Would they be complaining that a stupid metro train is running late? No. No, they wouldn't because they would just be happy to be alive. Furthermore, I know a lot of people that have dealt with cancer lately, whether personally, or through a family member. It's truly horrible and they don't know how many days they have left. Some beat it. Many don't. That's also why I take my health pretty seriously. There are so many things that we can do to prevent disease and cancer, so why not? Besides, I am actually one of those annoying bitches who likes working out. Sorry, I'm not sorry!

2 comments:

Healthy Hokie...in progress said...

You need a spring time background now!

Taylo said...

There you go!