Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Uninspired

I have not been busy at all lately. Honestly, I've been laying low and staying home more than usual so I've had time to write, but I'm uninspired with what to write. The thing is I don't have as much to write lately because I am content. I think I could write the best posts when I am angry or sad, which probably makes sense. I used to be really angry and sad so I wrote a lot more. Now, not so much! That's good for me, but bad for this blog. Of course I get angry or sad sometimes, but it's usually fleeting and I usually just tweet it!

Anyhow, here are some things I want to mention. I recently got hooked on the show Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family and I am obsessed so I spent most of the past week at home, and watched all of season one of that show. (Cue loser trombones)! Also, I am so over my piece of crap Dell, or was so I went out and bought a MacBook Pro, which I love. I'm getting the hang of using it and I love all the features. I also finally opened a Spotify account. Essentially I am working, working out, watching Pretty Little Liars, and listening to music! I have a lot going on starting this weekend through the end of March though, so this time spent with myself is much needed. And this is random, but it got me thinking about songs that I'll never get sick of. A song that has so much meaning to your life, or takes you back to an exact moment. I started a list about a month ago of songs like that and I just finished it...

1. Jesus by Brand New
2. Bloodbank by Bon Iver
3. With or Without You by U2
4. The Cave by Mumford & Sons
5. Sleeping Sickness by City and Colour
6. How to Love (COVER!!!) Originally by Lil' Wayne, but cover by Daniel de Bourg (YouTube it)
7. Underneath the Sycamore by Death Cab for Cutie
8. Hometown Glory by Adele
9. Sunday Morning by Augustana
10. Lonelily by Damien Rice
11. Winter song by Ingrid Michaelson & Sara Bareilles
12. The New Hello (Hers) by The Hawk in Paris
13. Heart of the Matter by Don Henley
14. Matter of Time by Cartel
15. Lost In My Mind by The Head and The Heart
16. This Isn't Everything You Are by Snow Patrol
17. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
18. On A Day Just Like Today by Gabe Dixon
19. Run by He Is We
20. Suffering by Satchel

3 comments:

Sheena said...

dammit these are some good songs! Iver's my fave, love Mumford and had forgotten about Damien Rice. Thanks for sharing - gonna listen to the one's I haven't heard.

Taylo said...

Ha, no problem! I LOVE Bon Iver too! You should check out Band of Horses too.

Sheena said...

We should prob switch Ipods; love them too. Got two more for you: Blind Pilot and Avett Brothers.